Sunday, January 4, 2009

END OF THE YEAR 1429H/2008M/HAPPY NEW YEAR

I wish every reader a happy new year irrespective which year ur’re celebrating. Hijriah 1430 or Masihi 2009. In two weeks time Chinese community also celebrate New Year.

It was a quite a busy weeks at the end of 2008. I counted and it was almost 3 weeks from my last posting. I had a few subjects to write. Actually I wanted to wrap up whatever writing assignments I had to do in 2008. But seeing a last minute request from some TV and Radio producers, I had a few balance and had to carry forwards in 2009.

I managed to attend Majlis Doa Akhir Tahun and Awal Tahun during 1 Muharram 1430. Originally, I intended to go to Asr’ Hassanil Bolkiah where national celebration was held with HM was at attendance. With time constrain I just went to Mesjid Lambak Kanan. At least with other jemaah we managed to berdoa at the end of Hijriah 1429 and after Maghrib the doa of new year 1430. I wished I still have a strong brain and good health to help me do more writings.

I did’nt go anywhere the night of 1 January 2009. In front of me was a thick TV script to edit. (I’m directing a comedy series now and have to edit the script in line with the screenplay)
Occasionally I glance at a new year TV coverage. Sharp at 12, blossom of fire works mushrooming at the location (Kuala Lumpur). The sound was so strong and I thought somebody put up a high volume on the TV sound system. But alas, actually the booms were coming from outside my house. The sky was bright with fireworks. People were celebrating here as well. Selamat Tahun Baru.

No comments: