Saturday, January 17, 2009

ANOTHER TWO WRITING CERTIFICATES


Two more certificates, proving my involvement in writing; the first two for the year 2009


Me and some of the guest writers.





Haji Kifli Haji Tarsat was richer by $1,500 being interviewed by Brunei Times reporter. He won first prize in Sha'ir catagory.


I’ve add two more certificates to my writing certificate collection after winning Essay Writing and Poetry (shair) Writing organized by History Centre commemorating the 25th anniversary of the centre. I almost forget of my submissions when somebody rang me up and invited me to attend the prize presentation. The guest of honour was the Minister of Culture Youth and Sports Pehin Dr Haji Ahmad Haji Jumaat. I was richer by a few hundred dollars.

I quote here what Dr Mohd Hadi the deputy director said in his speech. “Without historical manuscripts, citizen of the nation would not be able to understand their own country’s development and history, thus creating a generation with no vision and inspiration based on local socio-economic system”

Well, at least I have done a bit to enrich and added the nation historical manuscript.
.500

No comments: