Tuesday, April 28, 2009

IN A CINEMA

I still remember going to cinema in London back in early 90ies. The film’s title was Ghost. It was not a horror story. In fact it was a sad love story. Lately a lot of Malay films have ghost titles. Is horror film a new trend or there are something to motive producers to produce horror films ? I saw one last weekend....JANGAN TEGUR. I tried to understand the title with the storyline. I just cannot connect...

Girls scream at the top of their voice when images of the ghost appear behind the characters. In the dark I still can see girls shielding their view using their hands. Some even betapuk di pangkuan orang di sebelah. Why see horror film when you’re not brave enough the face the scene.

Boys do not scream. They laugh loudly. Not that they’re not afraid….. Tau-taulah bila ada orang betapuk di pangkuan..

No comments: