Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SILVER JUBLEE BRUNEI INDEPENDANCE CELEBRATION


Section of the audience. I did'nt realise the section was for the graduate officers. When I sat in one of the chairs there was a sticker written "pegawai berijazah" . Well I was pegawai berijazah before.


Longshot view of the royal dias frontage. Under me was the enterance gate of the participants.


Tthe nostalgic feeling beside the OB camera. At one time I was to direct the royal function with 32 cameras.


Maghrib prayer at Jame Asr Hassanil Bolkiah on 22 February 2009


I went to the mosque about 6 pm. Not many jemaah were there. Just about 5 sab kos many jemaah went to the centre of the celebration, The Mesjid Omarali Saifuddin in BSB. But I was unlucky and not "ampit" the commemorative Surah Yassin


The 25th or Silver Jubilee Brunei independent celebration should be grand. That was my assumption and the assumption of many others. I was undecided at first to go to stadium; the venue of the occasion. Thinking where to park the car was the main reason. There was no invitation card if u’re already retired. Card for general public was also not available. But radio announcement said cards were distributed through Ketua Kampung and people still could enter the stadium provided there were empty chairs available.

Back in 1984 when Brunei got its independence, I was working in the media; striving hard day and night to make the celebration perfect; at least from broadcasting point of view. . Now as a lay man, you have to squeeze yourself to see the happening. Happy anniversary and prosperous Brunei Darussalam

No comments: