Sunday, June 8, 2008

Public Speaking and Writing skill for headmasters and senior teachers


As usual buzy time at IPA, Institut Perkhidmatan Awam (Public Service Institute) where various courses are conducted to upgrade the performance of the civil servants.


I was there last Saturday 7th June, to conduct a clinic on public speaking (specilising on TV) and writing skills for headmasters and senior teachers for religious schools in Brunei Three Area.


Deep thought on the subjects...
"I could be a good writer after this" maybe in the mind of these senior teachers. The half day clinic also highlighted various ways of eliminating nervousness when delivering talk on TV . "Now I know the secrets of public speaking on TV. No wonder I was so nervous talking on TV, though the subject is my speciality"


The clinic was conducted in Malay for Guru Kanan and Guru Besar. (Headmaster). I was with a "Guru Besar". during break. It's up to you to translate guru besar as literally means "big teacher" or "headmaster".


No comments: