Monday, April 14, 2008

Zainul Qur'an


Zainul Qur'an ? You must have heard this competation, held at Dewanraya last Sunday 13th April. Organise by Nur Islam FM Radio. It's the Qur'an Reading Competation. But instead of reading the Qur'an individually as usually held, Zainul Qur'an are read by group of readers. To win, the group has to read it harmonously. And of course with correct tajwid. The two presenters deliver the presentation in Malay and Arabic. For me the Arabic is like dinding. Never mind I still enjoy the Qur'an reading.

These're the young readers. Last year I finished reading the 30 duzuk. But I'm far behind from this youngsters. I wish I could read like them but I still could'nt catch up with the breathing technique.


Comments from one of the judges. He commended the organiser. Such competation he said, was only held in Brunei. Oh ya, Ustaz Merwan bin Haji Mohd Noh Batu Bara is a Qur'an expert. I remember the name every time Brunei Darussalam held the International Qur'an Reading Competation. Batu Bara... that's a unique name. It must be hotter than Abu Bakar which is laterally translated as burned ashes.

No comments: